Thursday 9 February 2006

May All Your Stops Be Pickups And Drops

7 February - Modern courier proverb.
For some reason I thought i'd experiment with a stimulant free day and I only drank water all day - no irritating cafes selling me substandard coffee, no mad sugar caffeine rush from my home made vietnamese pickmeup, no pop, no apple juice, no taste. This made me want to go to sleep around noon but somehow I managed to push through the day. I had a lot of bad luck banging my knees and shins against the pedals when I was in motion and I even whacked myself a couple of times when I was picking it up to mount stairs. As a result my legs ar covered in bruises and there are lots of small gashes all over. I don’t know why I was so clumsy today but my legs are certanly feeling it this evening. Not extraordinarily busy but non stop regardless and my back is aching from having to carry around a 10lb package for a few hours - it was supposed to be a car trip but I was told just to pick it up from the buildingand i'd hand it over to a car later on. Three hours later this hadn't happened so I left it in our depot at one of the post offices. Why the car couldn't just pick it up from the building itself I have no idea - there ar things we are just not meant to know. Ate some goat curry tonight (a new animal, hurrah!!!) and watched Ghost 2 - Just Like Heaven, whch was entertaining enough but it could have benefitted from a "pottery scene" set to a classic love song (even a long hair power ballad would have sufficed). Still, love triumphed in the end, which goes to show that fiction is still alive and well. Also saw the backwards Seinfeld episode that must have inspired Memento - one of the most seminal temporal entertainment experiments in television history. A masterwork.

No comments: