Saturday 11 February 2006

Let The Wind Always Be At Your Back

8 February - Another modern courier proverb. House issues have escalated a bit in the past few days. Chad is understandably upset by some of his stuff being smashed by Rene, who is completely unapolegetic about it. They're not speaking. Chad has withdrawn all of the kitchen stuff out of public circulation. Sides are being formed, I just don't want to get involved in household politics in a place where I've got no vested interest in it. I want to be like Switzerland. Or is it Sweden. I always get those two mixed up.
A potential new regular coffeeshop may have been found. Caffe Express or Express Caffe. A reasonably priced and tasty beverage, made to specific instructions. The café is within a block of the hot zone and it is frequented by only a few bikers. But, whilst there I was engaged by a new courier, Rhys (potentially Reece), who had previously seemed completely tuned out of speaking to anyone. WHilst at the café I made the unfortunate discovery of realising i'd left my key for my lock at home and I also had a flat tyre. A couple of hours later, after borrowing a lock from Simon's and riding around on the ridiculous loaner bicycle that can be spotted from a mile away, and a thwarted scam by the mechanic to rip me off, I was mostly enjoying the day. Not as efficient as the previous days but the weather was pretty hot (9 degrees???). All of the bikers seemed to experience a bit of trip scooping today (arriving somewhere to find your job taken by another courier). I was apparently the offender a couple of times. Basically, our dispatcher was screwing up, not realising things had been picked up and sending someone else to do it. Potentially a computer problem but I'm convinced there is a bit of human incompetence at the source of it all. Jason completely vented at the end of the day. He is usually completely placid and tolerant of all the jobs drawbacks (i don't care what I make, I just need minimum wage) to a hot tempered fumer (when he sends me to a place and someone's already picked up, he wastes my time! He wastes my money!) . I had my rant about this last week so I suppose it's hist turn.

No comments: