Wednesday 8 February 2006

An ECOnomical Day

6 February - Fantastic weather all day, which instantly increases the stress tolerance. Tried a new café, Marios, a block away from the boycotted biker's choice coffeeshop. The coffee was okay and they made it to order with no issues. Seems slightly overpriced but it really is ptty average for the city. The décor is very nice, lots of wood and plush seating, reasonably authentic italian movie posters and other geegaws hang off the walls. The server girl is way too loud though. She's friendly but pushy and she's a real close talker. Even when she was talking to other customers it felt like she was invading my personal space. Oh well, tomorrow is another day and i'll have another chance to find a shop that's more attuned to my particular taste. With work, there a couple of annoyances when I was shuttled around to places that had already been visited by other couriers or had lost their tenants but improved by a couple of ECO (overnight) batch pickups that pay really well. What was a very pleasant work day ended on a bit of a sour note with my rear tyre popping (the curse has returned) halfway through the journey when I was nowhere near a bike shop and I had a 30m uphill walk to COmmercial Drive. Just managed to catch the local bike shop to get a replacement tube and to use their gear to fix myself up (my toolkit seems to have wandered off somewhere). Now Baby Blue is making funny noises. F**king bike.

No comments: