Friday 24 February 2006

It Feels Like Friday

22 February - I don't know. I just don't know. Just when I think i've found my new morning coffeeshop I may have to initiate another boycott. "You know, we may have to start charging you a dime for taking the peanut butter. It's supposed to be free with muffins but not with lattes" - 'Yeah, well then I may have to stop tipping your f**king waitress, you wanker". Well, that's what I said when I left Caffe Express. A reasonably unprofitable day due to an excess of bikers (they've inexplicably hired a new guy) and shortage of work. Still, it was very pleasant to have Lee (dispatcher) express a shout of joyous relief when I called in today because my absence caused him a lot of grief yesterday (a chat with Jason, Mr 3-1-6 or 1-6 for short, informed me that it has been a little bit of a shambles for some and he'd spent the entire day being furious with Lee - he didn't break his knuckles on any elevator walls though apparently). Left my lunch on the kitchen counter which caused a considerable amount of annoyance but it all worked out okay because I found a very nice, very cheap Chinese place on the side where I got a complex, high protein, high carbohydrate meal which fuelled me throughout the quiet afternoon. Had a little bit a chat with David, one of the Corporate Couriers, and always one of the most surly and untalkative of the other bikers around town, so maybe he has now accepted my existence. Which is nice.

No comments: