Sunday 5 February 2006

Boycott!!!

2 February - No rain today! Still pretty cold but I've got the clothes for that so it didn't bother me none. Bought my morning coffee from the coffeeshop at 925 Georgia St, which is across the road from the usual 885. We don't get a discount from this place and they don’t have any peanut butter packets I can steal and the coffee tasted kind of burnt, now that I think about it, but I've had to institute a boycott of the cafĂ© at 885 Georgia for a while. Like many coffee shops in the Sydney CBD and all over North Sydney - they have wronged me!!! Yesterday when I went to order my usual morning wakeup tonic I apparently didn't follow the procedure. They know what I always order so they never ask me, basically, I just go to the counter, the girl rings up my order, I pay, sometimes a little chit chat but for the most part the girls are pretty non committal and then the girl makes it while I walk to the other end of the counter to pick it up. I ask if she's already put the sugar in it, sometimes she has and sometimes she hasn’t. Transaction over. Yesterday morning she was ignoring me while I was in the queue so I took out the exact change and left it on the counter and then proceeded to the other end. Then, after handing me my skim latte with no foam (they pile that crap on over here, disgusting) and one brown sugar the bitch had the temerity to tell me that I had to wait in line like everyone else. I couldn't be bothered telling her that I had been waiting in the queue and she had not acknowledged my existence yet obviously must have because she did make the coffee but I decided then and there that a boycott must ensue. I don't know how long it will last because 885 is the general hangout and the place across the road is pretty awful but maybe i'll just cut down on my intake. Don’t know where i'll find free packets of peanut butter though.
Reasonably busy throughout the day but it got very quiet at the end of the day and I ended up finishing at 4 which meant getting home while it was still daylight, a bit of a novelty (which soon wore off because it started to get dark about half an hour after I arrived).

No comments: