Wednesday 23 May 2007

Too Late, Too Long

22 May – Hospital A&E seem to have a rather exaggerated view of recovery – more recent visits (of which there have been far too many of late) have given me a matter of days of medically authorised leave after some pretty serious hits to the body and if this morning is any judge of where my delicate frame is at I don’t think they’re being very realistic.  The cold certainly doesn’t help and the inaction of sleep causes excessive stiffness but it was hard enough to move my body a metre across the room to turn off my alarm bell, let alone even think about being recovered.  That said, had an interesting chat with an old friend in the morning concerning my current potential future in this country which was slightly promising although still very disappointing.  Did mean brushing up on my own version of exaggeration and am really not looking forward to changing my clothes and associated activity but perhaps it must be done.  In any event, “Once A Messenger, Always A Messenger” or at least that’s what I’ll keep telling myself.  I also don’t think I’m capable of doing late night movie sessions anymore – even though it was only 8:45 the 157m Zodiac was a great struggle to keep my eyes open through the entire fillum – excellent movie, an amalgamation of Dirty Harry and All The President’s Men and one of the few serial killer movies that I’ve actually really liked for ages but too late and too long and I wasn’t the only one who was struggling in that session.

No comments: