Tuesday 29 May 2007

Be Happy! Be Happy! Be Happy!

29 May – Did usual morning duties before wandering to the suspicious hotspot to do a bit of a search for something I really didn’t want to search for.  Realised that applications backed up with phone calls are generally better received.  Headed into town for what promised to be an interesting lecture by Ross Gittins on his new book but, whilst waiting for my accompaniers, was distracted by a call telling me to hustle down to the ASX building for a little bit of ‘putting a face to a name’ - by the time I made it back to the Mint, where the talk was to be held, all the seats were gone.  So I was very f**king disappointed.  And I left my hat behind.  Sometimes one wonders whether it’s worth going to the trouble.  However, another phone call followed by another meeting involved getting out the old Matrix designers designed purple lined whistle’n’flute and looking like a character I’ve not looked like for a very long time (unless one counts the recent incognito ‘Suit Day’).  A couple of very positive developments on several fronts was very confidence building for a moment before I realised future ramifications of these developments but one has to take the good things as good or one will never be happy.  And I want to be happy.  Saw ‘The History Boys’ in the evening which was rather enlightening, if slightly overacted but it was an adaptation of a play so that’s to be expected.  Slight resolution on the furniture front which is a part of the logistical problem I’m facing – be happy be happy be happy.

No comments: