Tuesday 1 May 2007

May Day! May Day!

30 April and 1 May – Good tidings for the day with a couple of pretty Red Bull girls asking me if I wanted some wings closely followed by the bad tidings discovery that my wallet was not where it was supposed to be.  Luckily, Dottie gave up his daily crack hit to spot me a lobster (in order so that I could get my daily nicotine hit).  A relatively solid but unexceptional day work wise with some spectacular indy stuff at the end (although if it wasn’t indy I probably would have rejected the last one – a bunch of proofs that were about two square metres and had to be taken down a lot of hills to get to their destination).  Threatened rain never really eventuated and finished off in a relatively decent mood.  Evening took me over to McMahons where the little people were alternatively sulky and joyful – some very perceptive questioning by one of them produced some interesting results.  Started to get a little nervy about the lack of appearance of the missing wallet – every potential spot was coming up negative and I really thought that the horrific bureaucratic nightmare of remembering what I had in it followed by cancelling the contents was upon me but I held off in hope.  Rushed home in morning for another failed scrabble through possessions and tracked down a few more potential locations all of which continued to have negative results.  Eventually, bit the bullet and rocked in to the Rocks Cop Shop to make the call to report it.  Rest of the day was mostly okay – had a few arguments with the incompetent one who, amongst other things, told me to fax a job back to the base (presumably with the portable fax machine that I carry with me at all times).  Final job of the day popped up at 5:50, almost a full hour after it was booked and funnily enough by the time I arrived it was closed.  And the STD job that arrived on my screen with it was meant for the next day.  How can I work with such incompetence?!?!?!  In any event, after arriving home another cursory search of the room did turn up a rather familiar black leather man purse and that made me feel a lot better.  Evening was spent eating Syrian chicken and struggling with cous cous (which nobody really likes, do they?) with family (both nuclear and extended) and returned home to find that my birthday present of a very nice 2001 Pinot Noir is a magical bottle that apparently refills itself after being drunk.  How lovely.

No comments: