Sunday 27 May 2007

Invasion Of The Little People

26 May – Still being woken up by crippling pain in my shoulder – most annoying when you’re holding off on breakfast for a while and therefore cannot consume any anti-inflammatories to numb the pain.  Did manage to find the Nurofen gel by blindly sweeping my hands across the A-frame which helped a little but when ascending the stairs after a covert mission to the garage I slammed the top of my shoulder into the ceiling and was reduced to a babbling wreck.  Woe is me.  Shortly after recovering from this latest attack on my fragile frame had a little person deposited in my care for the day – since she rejected my pancakes I was forced to entertain her with a revolutionary computer game and then took her off to Broadway to see the latest Pirates of the Caribbean.  The fillum was better than the second (which was not hard) but was overly long and if it hadn’t been an early session would certainly have been drifting by the end.  As it was, can hardly complain.  For the most part Tilley was relatively easy to handle although highly critical of my bad smoking habit but I can’t be surprised about that considering I had similar views at that age (before I succumbed to the demon addiction myself of course).  Wandered the markets for a while before intercepting a more responsible adult who took charge of the ward.  Was pleasantly surprised by the relative simplicity of making baklava – highly labour intensive but not very difficult – twas for purpose of a somewhat civilised dinner party which was quite a rousing success due, in part to the baklava and the well prepared rice (via the absorption method of course) but was also somewhat supported by the company and everything else which was provided by the Moroccan obsessed (I never realised how themed that place was until that night) “friend”.  Shoulder is starting to worry me.  Amongst other things.

No comments: