Saturday 19 May 2007

Bad Schoolboy

17 and 18 May – One of the slowest days in a long time – damning the high bonus dream that the other day’s Perpetual wine run had engendered – Shifty was vocally bitchy and everyone seemed very catty – even the long dreadlocked wanker deigned my presence worthy to put in a nasty cutting jibe – not exactly bullying in the workplace but not all of it was very nice.  Had to push forward my new policy of rejecting proof folders – I hate to reject anything at all but they are one of the few things that I absolutely hate carrying – generally nothing to hold onto it, cannot be put anywhere safely and has to be carried with one arm and further unbalances you by acting like a sail (they’re generally 1x1.5m).  And I rejected a fortune’s worth today (a very small fortune).  Saw Mark from the Writer’s Island for the first time in almost two years and got very drunk at the pub followed by very drunk (and a little bit of something else) at home with PJ.  Housemate scared me away but was absolutely wrecked and cut out at the piker’s hour of 1am.  Judging by the empties and the ashtray the next morning I was not surprised to hear that the partiers carried on into the 4am and I was less surprised that PJ called in sick.  Had a bit of a time shaking off the small hangover and braving the first rain in weeks.  Was very careful throughout the day but there’s always going to be a few close calls (knocked a wing mirror on Market, slid out (but caught myself) at 580 George and almost cleaned up a phone distracted jaywalker on Elizabeth St who after cursing me with some very unpleasant vernacular then proceeded to almost get cleaned up by the bus that was following me and cursing him as well) but altogether not too bad.  Much better than the previous day work wise although still not amazing but some amazingly lucky routing (had 4 pik’n’drops at four different destinations all within a 30m radius and also a couple of well timed cancellations that meant a much smoother run).  Evening was taken up by shiny blue eyes and a very ‘chirpy’ demeanour but there’s something behind them which required a bit of due care (which apparently I was not up to on Friday night).

No comments: