Monday 14 May 2007

Positive Rearrangement

13 and 14 May – Woke up to a mother’s day but left the mother to her minions as I had my own mother to deal with later on in that day.  Had an unexpected visit from PJ who came bearing gifts of whiskey and unnecessary apologies and also some much needed web development knowledge.  Sometimes things work out for the best – rescheduling of maternal temporal celebrations by family meant cancelling a web session with the Link team but enabled the visit from the expert who gave me the knowledge to fix the problems that I would have struggled with had I kept the original appointment. Hurrah.  Went to Spice Siam for the second time in the weekend and completely overloaded on the crispy pork belly with holy basil ... Three servings over the course of the weekend ... Awesome ... Cant be good for me though ... But I’m a courier so I don’t f**king care!  Wooh!  Certainly would have to be one of the best dishes available in this fair city ... Unlike the crapulence of the organic café in Newtown where we went to afterwards – if you don’t know what a piccolo is then tell me!  I know it’s a wanker coffee but most places seem aware of its existence these days and, if they don’t, they tell me and I tell them how to make it.  F**king hippies ... And another thing, if I ask for something toasted and buttered I want it buttered by you!  Not given to me lukewarm with an icy pat of butter and no knife ... That’s why you’re allowed to charge $5 for $1 worth of food – you do the work.
Work on Monday was okay – was bridge bitch as Brettski was away and due to the router found myself only doing two trips over (usually four to five) - one might say that this was a good thing but everything was completely late ... None of it was urgent so nobody complained but I did feel a twinge of guilt but it was just a twinge.  Utilised the web knowledge that PJ imparted upon me the previous day when I went to Willoughby to be fed and Link Plastics is looking that much shinier.  

No comments: