Thursday 24 May 2007

Give the two-wheelers a go

From the SMH letters on 23 May 2007 ... Perhaps if someone had read this letter and actually done something about it a while back I would not be in the situation I am in today ...  Perhaps if I'd walked down the stairs instead of ridden I also wouldn’t be in the situation that I’m in today ...
Given that the Iemma Government has cancelled the expensive and poorly conceived project to widen the Spit Bridge, can a small portion of the newly available funds be used to extend the Harbour Bridge cycleway north? Thousands of cyclists are funnelled into this point every day from all over the North Shore, only to be met with a climb of 55 stairs to access the dedicated cycleway. Let's see some inspirational ideas from our leaders, not just more of the same. Caroline Minogue  Neutral Bay

No comments: