Saturday 12 May 2007

Cards and Carding

11 May – A fairly fulsome day marred by a few mishaps – at the very end of the morning run, just as I was about to hop the kerb at the Liz side of 60 Castlereagh the chain rattled and came off the sprockets and somehow managed to wrap itself around the crank, jammed in next to the chain ring and impossible to dislodge – had to carry her down to CBD to get the professionals to remove (I could have done so but would certainly have resulted in me tearing the chain asunder) - was rushed out of their by an impatient dispatcher (who may have been out to get me after the verbal shredding I gave him concerning his idiotic dive into the sarchasm and my extreme displeasure at his terrible communication skills).  Did get a lunch break although once again before I was halfway through I was hurried along with a half decent south run (thanks mate, but I’m EATING here!).  Despite a lull in the late afternoon was saved by a gold mine at FREHILs at the end of the day – 9 BP1s with the added bonus that they were only at four separate addresses with a bonus CITCRP that was actually routed through (could have been 10 but I was feeling magnanimous).  Louisa’s mobile was turned off all day – who’d have thought?  
Did you know that the Critical Mass crowd have a route through Surrey Hills which they call the ‘Paragon Route’ - Paragon does and he’s telling everyone ...  Elizabeth Square to ...somewhere or other down Brisbane down Commonwealth ... Blah blah blah ... It’s the route he used to take in the mornings when he was living at the KB ... He used to order his coffee and light his smoke and ride down this route on his way into town puffing and slucking away until he got to Eliz when he’s put the smoke in the cup and then log on at 2 Park ... Oh, Hermes, save me!  
Before a planned poker night had a second meeting with a certain individual concerning a little start-up project that might require my vast years of experience – an interesting proposal if it comes through but one fraught with ethical and time constraint dilemmas.  If it does come through, great – however, I can honestly say if it is decided that I'm not the one chosen I will not be disappointed one iota.  Took a very scenic route from mine to Ade’s via the backstreets of Enmore and associated inner western suburbs – James seemed to know where he was going and we did get there but I'm very doubtful that we took anything close to the most efficient route but I'm sure he had his reasons.  Okay results - didn’t lose too much, Scottish one was back to his usual poker self (which was to be expected).

No comments: