Thursday 10 May 2007

Fraudulent

9 May – A relatively good start to the day despite braving the horrors of a morning train work commute which was followed by a pleasing conversation with my favourite medical professional (who’s last few appointments have been more philosophical chat than typical medical examination) - cleaned, ate, read, wrote, phoned and relaxed a bit – general tranquillity of afternoon was broken by a panicked phone call from the house mate who had unexpectedly been in possession of my credit card with the news that it had been lost (from a back pocket no less) - none too worried, a phone call was made to the credit card company to report the situation and I was dismayed to find that two transactions had been made today.  Due to the nature of the loss (it had not been in my possession at the time of its loss as I had given it to someone else who had given it to someone else who had given it someone else who had lost it) I was informed that I would be obliged to pay for the charges.  Wearily had to go through the obligatory demand to speak to someone in charge who basically repeated the company line that I had violated the policy of the credit card and therefore they basically didn’t give a s**t.  So much for the ‘cool right-on’ attitude of the Virgin company – at their core they’re just cold heartless bastards like any other financial institution. In any event, despite being liable for the cost as far as the evil institution is concerned one thing is that I’m sure as hell not responsible for paying it and a few thumbs may need to be broken to ensure that (by gar!).  

No comments: