Sunday 25 February 2007

Zen

24 February – Managed to feign sonambulance whilst the children roamed but did start the day with some (admittedly gluey) pancakes before heading home for some much needed maintenance work on Baby Blue and the pre-op (code name Frannie) with very successful results.  Was suitably impressed with Sylvester Stallone’s latest sojourn into cinematic history – incredibly predictable in every way and rather badly acted and executed but one of the more sympathetic opponents and a very decent inspirational training montage meant a worthy addition to the series.  I bet he will make it to No 5000 one day.  Took me a while to get myself together enough to head to the train station in order for the journey to Willoughby for Matt and Charlotte’s engagement party – bought my ticket and went to the platform only to be informed by a not very confident guard that the trains were out to Wynyard – kept my cool but decided that I was not going to engage in public transport shenanigans and got a refund and did what I should have done in the first place, fetched the pre-op and rolled over courier style.  Forgot how far it actually is to Willoughby and also didn’t correctly gauge the humidity of the day and by the time I eventually hit Chez Menzies my lovely green shirt was soaked through with the sweat (too much synthetic I imagine).  Great party with adequate food and beverage stores – saw a teacher or two who didn’t recognise me and spent some quality time with various individuals who I haven’t seen in a while (most amusing having a chat with one particular parental unit about the relatively recent phenomenon of awareness of Australian obesity whilst in the company of four of the fattest girls I’ve shared company with for a long time – I hope they weren’t listening in).  Decided to roll home a bit earlier due to preferred mode of transport – dropped into Lane Cove on the way to gatecrash another party but couldn’t find it and couldn’t get a hold of anyone I knew there so rolled straight on home.  It’s good to have a party bike.

No comments: