Saturday 17 February 2007

Vindicating Vibrations

17 February – Inexplicably woke with a hangover (perhaps not that inexplicably) that took quite some time shake off.  Was hurried through internet errands that were not properly completed despite promises and best efforts.  Afternoon was taken up by Good Vibrations – headlined by beastie boys and also ... There were quite a few other bands there whose names would be far more familiar to me if I paid more attention to popular music these days.  Fairly okay concert – enjoyed for the most part and bumped into a few friends old and new – was completely vindicated on theory that SMS is the most useless method of trying to keep a group together at a large festival and a fair chunk of time was spent looking for and waiting for erstwhile companions, completely thwarted by vague attempts to describe and find landmarks within the gates.  Made the mistake of trying to find the toilet shortly after the beastie boys started playing and was directed outside the gates by the incompetent security who then flatly refused to let me back in afterwards.  I wasn’t drunk or drugged out but obviously I failed at convincing them that it was their instructions that led me to being outside the gates and after ten minutes of cajoling I was forced to give up.  The one band I went to go and see and I missed it.  Hope it wasn’t a very good concert.

No comments: