Saturday 3 February 2007

Breakless

1 February – As I was riding in to work after a leisurely breakfast (I haven't had a leisurely one for some time now) I was called up with an offer of doing a private run that morning – had to wait for a call to confirm it which took a bit of time coming so I logged on – as soon as I’d done that I got the call to do a very tight, very smooth, very heavy run of legal envelopes but by this time I was on call – had to feign post office errands  and even reject a job as I raced around town trying to get it done so I could do my real job.  Apparently the geezer took 35m to fix a flat the previous day when he was doing the same thing.  It’s a good thing I didn’t use that as my excuse.  Very standard day with a  bit of evening colour and lots and lots of customer mistakes (the mailroom guy belligerently stating that I was at the right address even though the company had moved a year previously – I managed to track her down though, which I was quite surprised about) and one of my own.   Finally a night with nobody in the house and nothing to do – bet I won’t go to bed early though.  

No comments: