Wednesday 21 February 2007

P-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p ... Shrove Tuesday

20 February – Was horrified to be chowing down on healthy granola and toast when the morning DJs announced that it was Shrove Tuesday.  Now, I’m not a religious man but I was mortified to realise that it was pancake day and I wasn’t eating pancakes for breakfast.  And there was no stall in Martin Place giving out free ones in the morning either.  A travesty.  Technical issues meant a rather irritating and slow day – did learn a few tricks negotiating some of the buildings in town which is always useful but apart from a rather nice run in the afternoon there wasn’t that much excitement.  A really, really big boat which came into town apparently caused gridlock in the city and I was forced to deal with some mega sized box transportations (Driver Must Bring Trolley!!!) because none of the cars could get in - wasn’t going to complain as its fun to do them every once in a while and its good to stay in practice.  Pleasant speedy ride through Surry Hills with Movie in order to get home so I could get to M&Ds for a fine Italian-American meal (and did manage to convince her that it would be good form to make some pancakes in keeping with the holiday) - very painful journey back because apparently ‘they’ needed to do some track work between North Sydney and Central so there was a Train-Bus-Train journey and when I eventually got home I found myself having to take in a very sorry looking courier who’d had far too much to drink and needed a place to crash.  Paragon, what will we do with you?

No comments: