Saturday 10 February 2007

Jodi Doctrine - Phase 2

8 and 9 February – Thursday was a relatively uneventful day – a relatively colourful afternoon but nothing spectacular – when getting my coffee in the morning from Palms I don’t expect to be put at the front of the queue but I also don’t think its necessary to be constantly relegated to the end of it as other customers turn up.  Just because they’re paying an extra 30c doesn’t entitle them to magical treatment.  Sam really cant deal with the stress.  Raided the parent’s house in the evening and did some more work on the finalisation of The Money.
Friday was a little more eventful – despite claiming to just be in the office Shifty spent a bit of time in the operator’s chair – and for a fair part of the day the dispatching was magical – long runs where every stop was a pick and a drop – I’d walk into a building to drop something off and magically a P1 to pick up would appear – this is the way that dispatching is supposed to be.  Didn’t get to hang around too long for the planned Gandhi style peaceful protest at Martin Place but heard that there was a little success on that front.  Had a very nice couple of beers at the Rose with my old protégé but he had to run away because his fiancé had locked herself out of the house.  Journey home was not as uneventful as I would have liked it to be as I turned onto Regent St only to find a black car (possibly a Commodore) with the number plate APS-37R (according to witnesses) did a sudden U-turn right into my path – managed to bail to prevent the collision but the f**king c**t drove off as I lay sprawled on the ground.  Prick.

No comments: