Wednesday 14 February 2007

Hallmark Holiday

14 February – Jamie’s spectacular efforts on my behalf last night did still leave a few minor issues to be corrected – on the way in the replacement crank started to wobble off and was caught in the familiar crush window in the morning trying to get it fixed, do the morning run and fend off normal work until my normal start time – once fixed I found that the replacement crank which I knew was a millimetre longer than the original (not really a problem as I’ve been told by an osteopath that one of my legs is a bit longer than the other anyway – cant remember which one though) is also about a millimetre thicker than the original and was constantly screeching against the frame throughout the day.  This caused much anguish throughout a relatively uneventful and unexciting day – not so much for the Mailcall boys who reaped the benefit of the microclient rush in valentines flowers – did do a few of them myself throughout the day but disappointed many a receptionist when I walked in carrying them and had to explain that they weren’t for them. Did get the bike thing fixed by the excellent people at CBD (so much more pleasant than the Vancouver mechanics) and I’m hoping that the problems will stave off for a while.  A very different Valentines Day to the usual – missed out on the race but had a very good one nonetheless.

No comments: