Tuesday 10 January 2006

Wickedness

7 January - Saturday morning brought little more than aches and pains but I managed to prepare some cereal with great difficulty.
Went to 'Jeans Queen' and found myself a nice scarf and cowboy shirt that didn't go together but may match other things in my limited wardrobe. We will have to see. Read a bit of 'The Constant Gardener', a taut political thriller set in Africa and my first John le Carre experience (very taut and very thrilling if the back of the book is anything to by). In the evening I went out to the Cambie to meet my friend Susan for a few drinks which carried on to the SoHo (does every city have a place called the Soho?) and then onto Eric's house, an amazing little pad in the west end (does every city have an area called the west end as well???) . The place was pretty small but the front room had its own bar and the whole place was decorated to look like a swish little nightclub. There were martini prints on the walls, mood lighting (probably a remnant of christmas but still very appropriate) and some cool little bits of objects d'art that were probably stolen from the Ritz. Eric is a physiotherapist and made some vague promises about giving me a free session on my hand but that could have been the alcomohol talking. A little bit later than I would have planned but fun night nonetheless.

No comments: