Saturday 7 January 2006

Aubergine and Fuschia, what, are you gay???

4 January - Last night's late night South Park episode ensured that I went through four rather than my usual three snoozes this morning and I had to hustle to get into town on time. I needn't have bothered as I had a lengthy wait for any trips to start me off regardless. It was beautiful weather in Vancouver today (well, it wasn't raining anyway) and despite it not being busy I was at least occupied for most of the day. Had the same brake issue flare up again today as well as screeching gears (i do love Baby Blue but he is a bit of a problem bike) and after I returned from the side I just had to take him in for an emergency service from one of the two surly mechanics at Simons. I had to take a loaner bike for the afternoon and let me tell you, they are weird. The loaner bikes from Simon's are Specialized bikes of reasonably decent quality and are in fair condition but they're weird. They've got a really short frame and the handlebars are on a really longstem. When riding it you're set completely upright and it feels like i'm riding around on a penny-farthing. I prefer a high seat and long frame with low handlebars for a more streamlined racing position. I also felt a bit lost with not having clip-in peddles, my feet kept on slipping off but eventullygot sorted out. Was very impressed by a few well thought out and perfectly executed runs that I performed in the afternoon - but nobody else was there to appreciate it except me and the dispatcher, .. But I knew ... Completely dead at the end of the day (45m of sitting outside 885) but I had a good chat with one of my co-workers, Stu, who was having concerns about being ripped off by the company. I assuaged his fears by explaining how the pay system worked and how he wasn't being ripped off (not in the way he thought anyway), we just get crap pay. After work headed over to a friend's, Brad, house for some orange juice and a chat - he's on the middle of ripping his apartment to pieces and redecorating - another friend of his came over and they were engrossed with the detail of hat he'd done and what he was going to do. Despite it being a pretty gigantic job that he's done (ripped up floors, putting down wood, installing new appliances, doing the lighting etc) to me, decorating is f**king boring. I guess i'm just not as gay as I thought I was.
After struggling through this I came home and went out for an incredibly overpriced beer at one of the local drinking establishments (the one with a far too pushy bartender) before returning home to find our long lost Newfy housemate has returned. Now I have to share a bathroom again, f**k.

No comments: