Thursday 5 January 2006

Back To The Wet

3 January - Beautiful morning today - it was pretty cool but no ice and the sky was pretty clear. It was pretty quiet in the morning but the weather was pleasant so I wasn't feeling too bothered and I spent a bit of time over the side so I got a few k's in - before I went off I met up with Flowers, one of my copwokers who handed something over to me so I could take it Southside and when I saw him he had his head in hs hands and he looked full of despair, apparently he'd moved out for the first time and he was having a hard time dealing with life. We've arranged to catch up for a chat so I can impart some of the wisdom of my life's experience tohim (or not). I started to regret having wearing my tights and I started to overheat a bit but this was before the clouds came in and the heavens opened up. Once the rain started it didn't stop all afternoon and before long I was completely saturated. It was shortly after this that my brakes stopped working - funny thing about brakes is that they're pretty useful, especially when it's raining - managed to struggle through until I got back to downtown for a wee service from a surly mechanic. It's amazing how much wear couriering does to a bicycle - either that or the one that I got is a turnip. Or, more likely, it's inhabited by an evil spirit. There is a Catholic church on Nelson St so I think i'm going to visit the priest to get the power of Christ to compel the spirit the hell out of my bike! Got out 'Sky High' on the way home (we have tight-arse tuesday over here as well) and despite it being Disney and having the recommendation of 'it's like a cross between Harry Potter and the Incredibles' (which it completely is) I found it to be a much better movie than both. The Incredibles, to me, was mildly entertaining but had a rotten moral core - the bad guy, obviously had a chip on his shoulder but was far easier to admire than the heros in in my opinion. Despite not having super powers he managed to apply himself and almost defeat a whole host of 'heros' who were supposedly his superiors. Sky High was a bit cheesy, a bit American, but entertaining and while being completely predictable it had the right message. That was my opinion anyway. Later on when the other housematts came home we had a bit of herbal remedies and then watched Seinfeld and the first episode of South Park ... Fun.

No comments: