Wednesday 18 January 2006

Hurrah! My scaphoid is not fractured ...

16 January - ... but it appears that another bone in my wrist is chipped so after almost twenty eight years of sprains, scrapes, pulled tendons, torn corneas, embarassing surgeries but NEVER a broken bone I now have to add that particular calamity, experienced by many, to the list. The third visit to the hospital with the third doctor seeing me confirmed the worst. One advantage is that there is nothing I can do to fix it and riding my bike isn't going to cause any more damage but the pain is still too extreme to be working so it's going to be at least another week before I can go back to work. And i've got to go back to the hospital next week for another check up at the awful Emergency ward. Not a hell of a lot of people at the ward today but it's still painfully slow to get processed. Me and the girl behind me were bitching rather vocally about how long it was taking - we were standing in front of the triage desk for about 10m with the nurses just chatting away before one of them told us that we had to step to the window (about 1m from where we were standing) to get processed. I have to wonder what the nurses thought we were doing queuing in Emergency? We weren't there for our health. Actually, wait a second, we were. Another completely miserable rainy Vancouver day - I bumped into a few of the couriers who complained about the weather and that made me feel a little bit better but not much. A few errands had me walking all over the city and I got completely saturated from the waist down but my "system" managed to keep the rest of me dry.
Rented out The Constant Gardener and watched it with Aaron (outgoing housemate) and Kevin (incoming housemate). Was a very good movie, very similar to the book although a few plot glitches (melded, added or omitted characters resulted in a some amusing age paradoxes, at least they were amusing to me) seemed to miss the director's eye and there is always the inevitable simplification of such a multi-faceted book but it was great watching regardless. Now, have to think of something chea- to occupy tomorrow (and the rest of the bloody week).

No comments: