Sunday 29 January 2006

Tantrum

27 January - For some reason most of today I was in a terrible mood. It was raining and it was pretty cold for much of the day and I also kept on finding myself carrying ridiculously heavy and awkward bags and boxes and I was going all over the place but still not doing many trips. Feeling completely black I found myself having mini tantrums whenever I was alone in an elevator and i'd be muttering like a tourette's sufferer whenever I was out of people's earshot. I don't think too much of the new dispatcher, he's nice enough for the most part but he's not nearly as efficient as good as our old one and he gets stressed easily, and his stress is completely contagious. Two incidents stand out - one, dropped an item off and the girl asked if I could take somethingthat hadn't been ordered yet. Confirmed with dispatcher that I was taking it, told the girl to mention that Biker 313 already had it on board when she put the order through. Ridiculously heavy and a really bo which had to be strapped to my bag. I had to put on other heavy and awkward crap and it was ages before I could get rid of it. The order never came through on the Blackberry and the place where it was supposed to to wasn't addressed. Eventually got rid of it and when the order did finally came though she'd put it on the cheapest job and had mislabelled the size. I don't know the exact dollar amount but it wasn't a helll of a lot but basically she ripped me off. I don't know why anyone would deliberately f**k over a courier over a matter of a few dollars saving to the CORPORATION they work for. The other incident was ... I could have sworn there was another one. Still, it was Friday so when it was over it means its over for the week. Had some really good Thai food for dinner and watched one of the more entertaining time travel films, Back to the fuure, which is really good despite having potentially the worst explorations into the concept of paradox ever (not nearly as bad as Time Cop, but not nearly as good as the Monkeys).

No comments: