Wednesday 11 January 2006

More Gamma Rays

9 January - first thin was calling Novex to let them know that I wasn't coming in and then calling Work Cover to start the ball rolling with getting the benefits confirmed. Back to the hospital for more exposure to high frequency phaser beams. The new diagnosis 'suspicion of scaphoid fracture', which is less reassuring than the last one but it's only a possibility and can be ruled out (or confirmed) next week when I have another x-ray. One good thing is that the doctor said the best thing was just stay off it and give it some rest and there's no special therapy that will hasten recovery. Likely that i'll be covered for lost wages as well but only the minimum and its not great when most of your wage is commission but better than nothing. A few other errands in downtown resulted in an umbilical jewel and two tickets for tomorrow's hockey game between the Maple Leafs and the Canucks. It's apparently the one of the biggest games of the year in Vancouver and tickets are very hard to come by. Two of my housemates are both pretty hardcore Leafs fans and it's not often their boys come to town. Have to decide which one I'll give the other ticket to. Let the bidding commence, I say. I better not try to bilk either too much or I might just not wake up one morning and they'll have two tickets to share between themselves. I still haven't learned to watch the game on tv but the live version of a game is always such a different experience from the televised one and it's also something I prmised myself i'd do some time when I was over here. Afew lines being drawn in the household tonight - some of the kitchen items have been withdrawn to private use only because one of the housemates pots was chipped whilst he was away. Oh, the humanity.

No comments: