Friday 28 October 2005

Stanley Park

26 September - Slept in without wanting to again today but eventually pulled myself away and headed over to the driver's licence place - the cow at the other end of the hotline had given me an idea - it only takes 1 week to get a driver's licence printed so I thought i'd go and get my Learner's permit, thereby circumventing the need for the BC ID. Unfortunately the learner's permit doesn't have a photo on it and, in order to get something with a photo on it i'd need to pass a practical exam (not something i'm too keen on doing right now) - also, by gettinga learner's permit i'd be screwing my ability to drive later on with my Australian licence so basically i'm screwed and i've got to wait.
However, did get a phone call from an agency for temporary work and they want me to come in for an interview on Monday - this could give me something to tide over until I sort out my licence but i'm hoping the job will still be available when it finally comes through. I also suspect that I will have to shave for said interview on Monday and I haven't done that properly for three months - my skin will probably explode. I'll also have to get some 'business attire' for it - I think the thrift shop is calling. No point in investing in anything i'm only going to use for a few weeks.
However, did head out to Stanley Park, a National Park that's quite close to downtown - it had lots of trail rides and a quite large bike track that went along the water's edge. Very beautiful but we're coming up to Fall and the paths were getting very littered with leaves - I suspect it will be quite spectacular in a month or so when everything is red. Saw my first raccoon when I stopped for a coffee and was warned not to give it any food (didn't need the warning, no way was I sharing my mars bar with it) and also lots of black squirrels in the forest and along the paths. There was also a great lookout over the bay and the Lions Gate bridge, finally, Sax is a tourist in Vancouver.

No comments: