Wednesday 26 October 2005

F**king By-Laws

25 September - I have to presume that my mother is part of the Vancouver city council legislature due to the difficulties i've experienced today in regard to getting my courier licence. I think she's somehow engineered the law in this city to make it very difficult for me to get a job because she's concerned for my safety. Well, bless her for her concern but despite having a passport, oz driver's licence, numerous other forms of australian ID, Canadian bankcard, proof of application of my BC ID and proof of residence in the form of a rental agreement I can't get a bike courier licence until I actually have Canadian ID with photo, address and DOB. Why? Because it's in the by-law. Does it matter that I have a job offer that will probably expire by the time my ID arrives? No. Was the woman who explained this to me a stupid f**king bureaucrat who will be the first up against the wall when the revolution comes? Yes.

No comments: