Sunday 30 October 2005

Round The Seawall

28 September - Tiny hangover this morning but didn't stop me doing what i've been putting off for a few weeks now - finally went for a proper run this morning (i knew it was the first time because I had to relace my shoes which hadn't been done since I undid them on the Marathon at beginning of the month). Went around the Seawall, a beautiful path that goes along the bay around Stanley Park (whose depths may or may not be a cruising zone ...) - I think I did about 18 or so k's, and whilst it wasn't comfortable, I at least know I haven't completely atrophied over the past few weeks.
Afterwards I headed back over the bridge to sort out some shopping which was made impossible due to my lack of wallet the previous day. I got myself a very nice layer-system winter jacket that can be used for skiing as well as around town - it's sectional so I can take out the inner jacket and wear it on its own for warmth or leave it in for when its cold and raining (or even snowing). Best part of it was that it was half price ($130 compard to over $300 for the new stuff). Also purchased some inexpensive sunglasses from the Mountain Equipment Coop. Had a bit less luck on the thrift stores for something to wear to the interview on Monday - went to 4th Avenue, which is supposed to be big on consignment (second hand) stores but it's a bad time of year to be going there because the places are all being raided by people getting their Halloween costumes in check - also found it next to impossible to find anything that fit properly anyway - really hoping I don't have to buy anything new but it looks like that maybe the case. On the way home in the evening the streets were packed full of people dressed up for Halloween - some pretty impressive outfits as well, unfortunately as i'm a billy no-mates at the moment I had no place to go and nothing to war anyway - but as the old Arab king's ring once said, 'This Too Will Pass'.

No comments: