Monday 10 October 2005

Fatigue Fatigue

8 October - Went for some excessive wandering today in a search for a Batman mask. Wasn't feeling very well from the amount of fine champagne i'd consumed the night before. Unfortunatdely did not have too much luck finding said mask but it wasn't to be.
Had an interesting moment when I was chatting on the phone and wandering though Kennington Park I was in a bit of a daze when suddenly I found myself being confronted with a rather big guy with the roach of spliff hanging out of his lips. He mumbled something to me and came right into my personal space. Having a flashback from when I was mugged in Sydney a few years back when I was also distracted by a phone call I checked myself and hung up putting my mobile back in my pocket. I looked around and realised i'd wandered into a rather dodgy area. It might have been me over reacting but it felt like i'd walked into Grove St - it was a bit disconcerting (probably not helped by the fact that me and Bob, one of Halsmere Road's residents, had that morning has a Grand Theft Auto sesh), I didn't want to look like I was running away from it so I tried to get through it as quickly as possible. It took me ages to get to the main street - there was probably never any danger but it was still a little bit uncomfortable.
Did some investigations for flights as well for some more jaunting and received a very welcome phone call from young Adrian Chope, newly arrived in London. Made tentative plans to catch up in the coming week - am very much looking forward to seeing someone from home, so it should be very enjoyable.
At night time the household and others went to a comic book party. I'd not found my Batman mask but constructed a fairly unconvincing suit from thermal tights with underwear over the top and black socks simulating boots with black cardboard accessories. Others included a very recognisable Shoveller, a few non-trying Dick Traceys, an awkward Mr Strong, overbearing She-ra, a papier-mache headed Danger Mouse and an over-muscled Captain America. Several had opted for the body paint option includingthe Bob the skateboard enthusiast housemate who was a very blue Dr Manhattan and there was also a green Poison Ivy. There were quite a few people who didn't bother at all and there were some attempts that were so bad that they shouldn't have bothered at all but on the whole it was a very impressive roundup of super heroes and super villians although I don't most of the villians were too intoxicated with various substances to be committing any crimes against civilisation, which is a good thing because the superheroes didn't look cable of doing anything to thwart them.

No comments: