Thursday 27 October 2005

One step closer ... but still far away

26 September - Went to do my courier licence exam at City Hall today - I was feeling very uncofmrotable about doing it for some reason but I'd read the study guide. Mostly just common sense but there was stuff about the specifics of the fucking by-law and some other information about studies conducted into bike crashes. THe test was multiple choice and some sections were very confusing but I passed with flying colours - now I just have to wait for my ID card before I can start. Hurrah. In regards to the ID went to the issuing place to see if it could be fastracked received no help whatsoever and called the helpline and the woman also gave me absolutely no help. For some reason it takes at least three weeks to "process" the application - it's very labour intensive it seems. I thought the Australian civil service was incompetent but compard to the Canadians they're like an ant colony. What needs to be done to process an ID card? All of the information and proof they needed they had on the spot - it just needs to be printed. Back at home they just print one out at the office itself. Very pissed off right now.
Also headed back out to Novex to get a letter from them so that I could fasttrack the SIN application and then spent about an hour waiting in the Human Resources office (i presume it's like an unemployment office) so that a sour old woman could enter my name into a computer. Before I knew it the day was gone again - i know it takes a lot of paperwork to set one's self up in a new country but Canadia is starting to lose its lustre because of all this constant waiting around - in a few weeks it should all be sorted but I can't fathom why it should take that long.

No comments: