Thursday 20 October 2005

Rockin' Night

19 September - Tis my last day on the small island and I ended up wasting a fair portion of it by oversleeping. After we ate an authentic London curry (which, if you ask me, was that that much better than one you'd get in Australia - even the Chopes had to concede this) me and Ade headed out to a local pub to suck down a few beers and then went off to see Nick's band, Ugly, rehearse at a local recording/practice studio (i think that's what it was). Excellent atmosphere - a tiny room full of cigarette and marijuana smoke, cans of Stella littering floor and blokes belting out incredibly loud hard music. it did make me feel a bit wistful for never having learned how to play an instrument or sing a song but it was a lot of fun. They will be playing their first gig in a few weeks and were just ironing out the bugs but if you ask me it was an excellent sound. They're probably not going to be heard on a radio in Australia for quite some time but that's Australia's loss.
It was raining pretty heavily when we left so Nick gave me a lift back to Red Square where I regaled my hosts with a vivid description of all I had seen and then I had a play with my PDA to see if I could fix the email thing (might have been fixed, not sure yet).
Have a few errands to do today but planning on keeping it quiet to ensure nothing gets missed (especially my flight tomorrow morning) - Canadia here I come, aye.

No comments: