Friday 16 December 2005

Worn out

15 December - Had an extremely exhausting day at work. From eight o'clock to half five it was non stop - I went over to the side twice and for a lot of it I was completely overloaded. Around 11 I got a bit stressed because one of jobs was a bit late, then another job was a bit late and then I stopped caring because I realised that they were ALL going to be late. One good thing about it being Christmas time is that there are lots of sweet carbohydrate offerings from the various receptionists. The bad thing about it being Christmas is that there are a lot of bottls of wine, boxed presents and other heavy items being shifted all over town and far too many of them are being called in as envelopes so a lot of things get left behind when we turn up and find that they can't be moved on a bike. By the end of the day I was completely exhausted and my feet and left shoulder were absolutely killing me. Hoping i'll recover by tomorrow but it's almost the end of the week so I should get a bit of a chance to recover. It also turned out that the herbal pita bread experiment was a failure - it did not survive the day in my bag and was a mess by the time I went to eat it - very disappointing but i'm sticking by my theory that the pita bread is the ideal courier breadstuff. One of my co-workers was trying to teach me how to bunny hop after work - he's a skateboarder and BMXer in the off-season and was demonstrating on his road bike; 'I can bounce like this ... And like this .. And I can even do 90 degrees! And ... Oops, I seem to have broken my wheel ...' I hope he comes in tomorrow.

No comments: