Wednesday 7 December 2005

I'm not a fast paced person ...

5 December - ... So why would you want to be a bicycle courier??? Pretty chilly this morning but my tights kept the worst of the cold at bay. Arrived at 885 Georgia to find another fellow wearing a Novex jacket and soon realised that he was to be my new apprentice. Very nice guy named Dimitri, Greek background and grew up in Canada but was actually born in Paddington, Sydney. Unfortunately he was not terribly good at keeping the pace and because he was trailing me for most of the day (i got him to do most of the paperwork and the Blackberry stuff) he did make it difficult to keep up with the jobs and for the first half I missed most of my deadlines which was a little frustrating but it was no matter. Eventually I decided he was ready to spread his wings and I let him fly away, which was quite good because it got a little bit busier after that. I also caught up with him later in the day and he seemed to be doing okay. He did admit to me that he wasn't a fast pace person, which I had already realised, but it did make me question why he would want to be a bike courier??? But who am I to judge on these things.

No comments: