Wednesday 21 December 2005

Santa's Little Helpers

19 December - Last night's yuletide spectacular resulted in a bit of a headache this morning and the return of Vancouver's ubiquitous rain didn't help my morning mood. However, when it's raining it's not so cold so that made the journey into town slightly more pleasant. Was sent over to the south side at the beginning of the day laden down with presents for all the good little corporations who've been good this year - i'd think they'd be nicer if they just sent a card but what are you going to do? it stopped raining after a while but it was still misty and I was damp all over and with all the riding the sweat just seeped out of me - every time I stopped my glasses would fog up and every time I went into a building I see the steam coming up. Also headed out far east to the industrial wasteland of Port Vancouver, got completely lost a couple of times, and got yelled at by the guard because I didn't sign in with him as I went in (or out) but it's unlikely that i'll see him again so i'm not too worried. The curse of the rear tyre returned today - I was coming back from the stadium and it just popped - I still hadn't fixed my spares from the last time and had to haul the bike about a ten blocks to my favourite bike shop to get a replacement. I think I need to stop going back to the bike mechanic and take the bike to a priest.

No comments: