Monday 5 December 2005

Tighted Up

3 December - Thank god for weekends. Great weather all day, which was not amazing considering I was under the weather when I woke up. Headed out to Fets for breakfast (far too large serving of eggs, toast and pancakes), then Santa barbera for groceries and later on I got myself some much needed cycling tights. They're not completely waterproof but they're water resistant and they're warm, which is the most important thing. And because they're one piece i'm hoping they're going to stay up unlike my fashionable (???) but impractical seperates from Slovakia. Apparently there was a bit of drama in the house this morning when the new housemate came home a little worse for wear after a night of drinking in Gastown, closely followed by an irate taxi driver who almost knocked the front door down demanding his fare. Most of us slept through it but Mark, being near the front door, was woken. Later on it turned out that Aaron had lost his wallet and his phone on his impromptu sojourn into town, not the best thing to happen in a foreign country. I had a few hours when I thought the same had happened to me, so I could sympathise a bit. Of course, most of us have lost wallets and phones in the past and it's never a pleasant expernce but in a foreign country it's worse by several factors, especially when it happens on a Friday.

No comments: