Thursday 15 December 2005

FW: Eight Is Enough

12 December - Back to work after the weekend - pretty cold again today but dry so something to be thankful about. Not hugely busy during the day bui enough to keep me occupied. Also trained the latest recruit, Thomas, a nice young kid from Halifax who thought he'd try his hand at this noble profession. Also, Crystal, the girl I trained a few weeks ago returned to work today making a total contigent of eight bikers (five who have been moulded by my expert tutelage). I think eight is probably too many people on the bikes but i'm not sure if everyone will be sticking around and if i'm being getting fed the HOTs and SHTs and also doing the south side it shouldn't affect me too much (did have a few days last week where I was sitting around not doing nuttin' - I need to start carrying around a slim tome to better myself during the down time). Found what may have been one of Chad's experiments for his doctarate PhD but was probably some kind of foodstuff that belonged to one of the previous flatmates. It was a glass that was full of something that was red and once liquid but now was solid and had a primitive civilisation growing on the top of it - I was going to throw the entire thing out, but hey, we're short on glasses ...
Also saw a very brief report on the Cronulla riots on Canadian TV - have been reading about it on the SMH on the PDA but had not seen any pictures or video yet. It was quite strange seeing such a bland, factual report of it on the TV compared to the heavy opinion pieces in the paper. It's a shame that the only time Australia rates a mention over here is when it's about something despicable.

No comments: