Friday 1 June 2007

A Small Sammich For A Small Man

31 May – Some powerfully painful manipulations were involved in the early part of the day plus some more conversations on the future that had been pushed back whenever I got the chance.  Was invited to another Sydney Writers Festival event but, predictably, by the time we arrived it was filled up again by the grey warriors filling up their empty days with things to do.  This was in spite of being told by the old biddy volunteer (the 2000 Olympics have a lot to answer for) that the queue ended with me.  In any event, they blasted the speakers from lecture outside so did get a reasonable presentation of it.  Very disappointed by my purchase at the Big Ass Sammich Store – my appetite only seemed to call for a small one and I don’t feel like a real man unless I’m eating a big one but, like Hummer, even when they go small they still go big but its just not the same.  Homework is more fun when its not yours but its still pretty pointless as are Mike Judge’s fillums on a speculative future where the world has been dumbed down (more so).  But what are you going to do?

No comments: