Sunday 3 June 2007

The Last Boy Scout

3 July – Was irrationally infuriated by my sleeping in too much but somehow managed to cool my over fuelled temper with an unwise caffeinated beverage and nicotine laced offering which pretty much knocked me out and back into bed where I could more calmly contemplate the relatively minor consequences of my (in)action.  Found a new café to boycott in North Sydney (all of the wait staff were sorely lacking in English language skills which is harmless enough in itself but it translated into ridiculously long waiting times and ill prepared foodstuffs, even a blueberry muffin [blueberry muffin in that there might have been a blueberry lurking in the stale cake surrounds] proved too difficult for them) and toured the very local area before heading over for a fire and marshmallows at OurKillarney™ - a fine afternoon although I suspect AJ will be stealing a square of turf from one of the neighbours to repair the backyard after his lacklustre cinder prevention system failed.  I thought you were supposed to burn holes in your parent’s yard when you were a child but I suspect we’re all children at heart.   

No comments: