Wednesday 27 June 2007

Road Or Mountain Bike?

26 or 27 June – There’s more than two choices, buddy.  Was I busy today or did I just imagine it?  Why is it that the weekly fruit delivery disappears so f**kin’ quickly?  I checked the kitchen every time I passed it – all of a sudden around elevenses I saw a man eating a mandarin and rushed to the drop point only to find a couple of apples and one rotten orange left as I sulked back to my desk I noticed that many of the tables were laden with the fruits of the loom.  Collected some boxes but didn’t manage the logistical feat of getting them to where they needed to be and I’m hoping that an automobile’d “friend” will be able to help a brother out (and they did).  Back to normal on Wednesday – realised that one of the gentleman on my floor who I’d recognised in an elevator was, in fact, somebody I had gone to school with (checked on the internal directory and then made tentative enquiries with others who may have still been in touch with him before I made my move – I remembered him but he couldn’t even remember my name (well, not my real name)).  Corporate farewells are always baffling.  Apparently I’d angered somebody inadvertently so found myself playing the role of Estragon which resulted in new instructions for a visit to the the-aye-ta which meant I wasn’t going home first and therefore I’d have to brave the Sydney winter night (winter, ha!) in nothing but my shirtsleeves while everyone around me was snugged up like bugs in rugs but that’s my lot in life.  Aforementioned play was good (not great) - three character show but they were too cheap to hire a third actor so one of them ended up playing two (they were twins, but still ... Come on).  

No comments: