Saturday 10 September 2005

Under The Sea Again

10 september - yesterday I believed I overate quite a bit. I knocked back a roti, 1.5k of fruit, some chicken and rice, some more chicken and rice, a western breakfast, a packet of oreos and then a another rather large chicken and cashew nut for dinner. I was sitting for a while after i'd consumed this last part before realising that my stomach was feeling rather stretched and I felt that lying down would be the best option. I went back to my room and fell asleep until for a few hours before realising that it was already a bit late and perhaps I should go to bed. this excessive sleep led me to waking up very early so I went for another run. Quite hilly but it's a very small island so I went tip to tip in about 30m before being screwed on a bottle of water before heading back. Quite tough but all in a good cause.
I wandered back into town for some bruncheon then went off to tallow bay for a scuba dive. my buddy was a chain smoking dutchman - nice enough but underwater he kept on floating to the surface so I spent a lot of time waiting for him to get down before we moved on. Saw a giant puffer fish and some trigger fish - no megafauna unfortunatetly although it is said that there ar a couple of whale sharks patrolling the island at the moment. The dive master who took us out was a bit of an arsehole though - he wasn't very helpful and he ended p losing half of the group before telling them all off at the surface. I don't think they're as nice as they are back in Vietnam - these ones ar mostly run by foreigners it seems unlike the Vietnamese ones that were locally run. Still, it was nice getting underwater again. I've only got a few left so i'll head back to ko phagnan tomorrow before I have to leave.
Also, finally the mosquitoes seem to be getting a taste for me i've not had the slightest hint of interest for the entire trip but now i'm like a cheesymite roti to them. in the time it's taken to write this missive i've killed about six of them.

No comments: