Monday 12 March 2007

Goodbye Movie

11 March – Not sleeping in the Room of the Rising Sun meant I had my longest sleep-in for about six months which was most appreciated.  Not so, the faux maple syrup I was forced to consume later on in the morning – what is the world coming to?  If they don’t have the real stuff that’s fine – I can have something else but there is nothing worse than drowning a pancake only to find out it’s soaked in sugary imitation slop.  After recovering from this minor calamity I rushed in to Martin Place for the latest Sydney alley cat - didn’t compete but set myself up as a checkpoint (my task was to force them to do something most of them have forgotten how to do – run – a lot of couriers are like ducks – in they’re element they’re graceful and fast but put their feet on dry land and they’re waddling).  The only person I had any sympathy for was Smokin’ Joe who still hasn’t fully recovered from breaking both his legs but he won, so I don’t have too much sympathy after all.  Early evening was spent utilising the flat for its original lending purpose and was capped off with usage of PJ’s projector and library of accumulated movies – Tenacious D And The Pick Of Destiny may not have been the greatest film ever made but it certainly rocked to some extent and having a cinematic experience in bed is an experience that cant really be beat.

No comments: