Wednesday 14 March 2007

A Bit of Culture

13 and 14 March – Was most dismayed by the fat droplets that started hitting the ground as soon as I left the house and from then on in it was sporadic blat blat blattering throughout the day and the ensuing wetness was very good at concealing all the crap on the roads and I ended up with two flat tyres – at least I wasn’t the only one, there were three of us replacing tubes at Farrer at one time and I did learn an ingenious method of flat protection involving a makeshift tyre liner with the discarded tube – feels strange but I haven’t had a flat since.  The furthest north I’ve done on the job today with an incorrectly addressed package sending me to St Leonards and a plethora of bastards throughout the day.  Had a delicious dinner at the Peacock Gardens in celebration of something or other – very nice but I do feel gypped that I didn’t get any Chinese toffee apple.  Next time I’ll put my foot down.  Wednesday was better weather but more of the same (including another run into St Leonards – I hope this doesn’t become a regular thing or maybe I hope it does) - was a bit frazzled at one point in the morning on a decent but badly paid south run when I came to the RTA I found a Mail Call boy sitting on the ground looking a bit worse for wear – apparently he had self diagnosed a broken collar bone and he looked pretty beaten up (just a stack – no cars involved) so I called him an ambulance and went on my way.  Felt a bit guilty leaving him there but the professionals were on the way.  Amusing to see that his employer had someone on the scene in minutes to collect the work he had on board.  Cold bastards.  
Rushed around at the end of the day in order to get home and back in town for a showing of Matthew Bourne’s (I think) Swan Lake – the one with the all male swans – very good, a bit confusing as all ballet is but very funny and incredibly dramatic (especially at the end) - wasn’t sure if it was supposed to be a gay themed production but it became pretty clear as it progressed.  Will have to check out the synopsis once I have some time in the bandwidth.  

No comments: