Sunday 18 March 2007

Clash of Civilisations

16 and 17 March – Lots of incorrectly addressed deliveries today with mixed results (wasted my time, wasted my time with some financial recourse and, in one case, caused the awarding of immense riches) - afterwards had to do a frantic rush from town back home and back into town for a bit of civilised entertainment (I'm doing a lot of that lately) with ‘Troupers’ at the Oz Thee-aye-tir Co which was rather menacing to my buttocks but brilliant (Barry Otto particularly so as an aging vaudevillian has-been (or more appropriately, never was).  Had a relatively early night because I needed my strength for Saturday’s activities with the City Chase urban adventure race.  Had entertained some dreamy hopes of actually taking it out or at least making the top 10 (and even appropriated some extra-small Reebok basketball boots so that I could validate myself as a candidate for bonus prize) but in the end ‘The Immortal Class’ came a respectable 21st out of a field of almost 300 teams.  For more detailed coverage of this amazing event (or at least my account of it) check out the review on the SydBMA.  
My battered body wasn’t really up to evening celebrations but 30th birthdays don’t happen all the time and Angel’s only happens once in a lifetime so I managed to push through the wall and stretch my endurance a little bit further (even managed to survive the speeches) - why is that I always seem to have social events after running races?  I should be a better planner.

No comments: