Thursday 12 April 2007

Virtual Prostitution

10 April – Got on the bike for the first time after a four day break (longest one in a long time) to a very boring day filled with awful routing and a (still!) very sick XDA.  Tried not to let it get to me too much but sometimes it just feels like its not worth the bother.  Visited Wednesday’s victim to confirm that she had survived her small impact with me and was a bit distressed to her that she had four stitches on the inside of her mouth and two on the outside but a little bunch of flowers and profuse apologies seemed to calm the situation a little.  I would definitely say that the crash was her fault as she walked right into me but if I’d been a pedestrian the impact would have been negligible – there’s definitely a duty of care when it comes to riding in places that are full of pedestrians.  I think we’ll both be a bit more aware of our surroundings (her of bikes and me of people who are looking at the ground).  A potential victory on one front that might bring to an end one of my long standing policies on paying for things like sex and parking.  It’s a sad day but also a happy day but we’ll see what happens when it happens.

No comments: