Friday 6 April 2007

Fambly Is Fambly

3 and 4 April – Tuesday was a s**t day at work – XDA still completely malfunctioning and with no communications and someone on the other end who just doesn’t get it I found myself in a foul mood all day.  Learned that if you hang around Martin Place for long enough sometimes you’ll get free food.  Rode to Crows Nest afters for dinner with the family celebrating my Aunty Pamela’s birthday (that’s what she’s called until she gets my name right) and whilst the food was excellent sometimes it was slightly painful but fambly are fambly and you’ve got to do the best with what you’ve got.  No resolution on the XDA front on Wednesday but I developed a half decent workaround which is still unacceptable but will have to do until the f**king $*%*#s at the office fix it up and the day turned out to be pretty golden – unfortunately as bonus is calculated over the week and the first two days were so woeful it’s quite unlikely to have any benefit to me but you never know and I can’t let my work ethic suffer for such reasons.  Had a little disaster in the morning after picking up an indy job and then being routed so far away from its destination that ended up getting phone calls demanding its delivery but hey, my own work was late as well so I’m not going to feel too guilty about it – also whilst coasting down Martin Place at a very slow speed a young girl walked straight into me (her mouth hit my shoulder) splitting her lip – apparently she’d been having a terrible week as well and she burst into tears.  Managed to clean her up and ensure she was alright but not too happy about it.  She wasn’t looking where she was going but duty of care and all that crap.  Got to be more careful.
Windows is finally installed on the Mac – don’t know why that should thrill me so much but it sure as hell does.

No comments: