Monday 2 April 2007

Bad Karma?

2 April – An almost total write off of the day, perhaps the week.  Was forced to ride down to the base in Banksmeadow so that the powers that be could have a look at my data unit which has been playing up from day dot – after over an hour’s wait I finally was sent on my way but, as suspected, once I got there I had real work put on me.  It wasn’t much but it was enough to screw up the morning run and once I managed to get it off I found that the new XDA that had been assigned to me was infinitely worse than the previous one – found myself resetting it every 5 minutes and eventually we gave up and my original one was couriered back into town but once I switched over found that it didn’t work at all so another ride back to Banksmeadow where I spent a very frustrating afternoon waiting for it to be repaired.  Eventually sorted out ... Apparently, I’ll wait until tomorrow before I believe that they’ve done what they’ve said they’ve done.  At least I didn’t have to do the late shift and apparently there wasn’t much happening all day anyway which was a small solace.  Evening was rather pleasant – had dinner for Mr Templeman’s birthday – a late invite and the only drawback was that I had a whole bunch of leftovers in the fridge which just had to be eaten that night so by the time I actually got to the pub for dinner I was already completely stuffed – still managed a second dinner but only just.  And apparently we passed inspection – who would have thought?

No comments: