Monday 9 April 2007

Passportless

9 April – Journeyed back towards Sydney with a slowly increasing cramp in the buttock – baffled by how I managed to cope with the 12 hour stretches across the Americas but a relatively short journey back towards home meant relief was not too far away.  Not much chance of recovery with the lunchtime rendezvous for Yum Cha in Chinatown – a lot of difficulty finding the right brand of smoking tobacco across the greater Sydney area.  Was not too perturbed by the lack of success in Berry but was getting very worried by the time I reached Sydney and the first twenty shops I went to were devoid of my international passport to smoking pleasure.  Perhaps it was being discontinued?  Maybe the delivery truck was hijacked by Mosmanites?  In the end found had success at an overpriced convenience store in the depths of Chinatown – one more disappointment and I was prepared to quit altogether.  Thank God for them.  

No comments: