Thursday 19 April 2007

The Paragon

The Paragon is a nice guy and can be very endearing in small doses.  He is well loved by many of the clients as I found out when doing his permanent runs over the Christmas break but, then again, they only have to deal with him in small doses.  He talks a lot and but doesn’t listen a lot.  A bit of a reputation as a scammer and is one of the worst offenders when it comes to picking things up that haven’t been assigned to him – the standard excuse of ‘well, it worked with what I was doing’ is often valid when the dispatching is particularly poor but quite often that job that was assigned to someone else often works just as well for them.  I don’t think he likes going to the west end of town and on more than one occasion after hearing him bitching about one particular job I’ve later found it burned and on my screen and that’s never very pleasant and quite often he likes you to know that he is in the know – when seeing him walking out of a building he seems to revel in guessing the job that you’re picking up (and he’s most likely rejected).  A bit of a poser but not the most stylistic of messengers I’ve known – the top tube surfing trick (his one and only trick?) looks great when you see it on a half page of the Telegraph but doesn’t look that great in real life.  And he drinks too much and I worry about that.

No comments: