Sunday 9 April 2006

Time

The whole 01:02:03 on 94/05/06 reminds me of an old digital watch I had when I was a kid. I would always get really excited whenever I caught it at 12:34:56. It had a month and year display as well and even though I was given it in 1986 I couldn’t wait for that fateful day in August of the year 1990 when it would have the display of 12:34:56 7/8/90. I've been given and bought myself and lost or had stolen a lot of watches but I knew if I saw that display on that digital watch I would die a happy boy. And what happened? One day I looked at that watch and saw 12:34:40 8/8/90 and there was much anger and gnashing of teeth. Sure I could have reset the watch and just changed the date and time and waited for that magical display to appear but that would have been cheating. I've never gotten over that particular loss and I don't think I ever will.

No comments: